Abstract submission is now closed. The deadline was 24 October 2018, 23:59 CET.
Notifications to submitters: End-November 2018
EAHAD’s objectives are to foster scientific advancement in the field of inherited and acquired bleeding disorders in Europe, to encourage research and to provide a wide forum for discussion. Delegates who would like to present their work at the meeting, are invited to submit an abstract for consideration by the Scientific Committee.
The online submission system will guide you through the submission of your abstract. You are disconnected after 30 minutes of inactivity. Please be aware that the system is only active when pressing on “next” or “save”. Typing is NOT considered as being active.
Abstracts must describe original work, previously unpublished and not yet presented, at the time of the submission.
Scheduling of poster sessions and abstract presentations is at the discretion of the Scientific Committee.
Delegates have the possibility to apply for a travel grant should they meet the requirements and the conditions mentioned below.
These will be peer-reviewed and those selected will be presented either as oral presentations or in a dedicated area of the poster session.
For standardization, the acceptable length of the abstract is of maximum 2’500 characters. This includes the titles and non-visible characters, such as spaces and line breaks.
The internet abstract submission system works best with Internet Explorer 7.0 or higher and Mozilla Firefox 3.0 or higher.
Abstract submitters will be asked their professional category during the submission process. Nurses, physiotherapists and psycho-social professionals will have the opportunity to display their posters during the Pre-Congress Day as well as during the Congress.
- EAHAD will be awarding travel grants to junior doctors and researchers (under 35 years old) and allied health professionals wishing to attend EAHAD 2019. Grants are available for both European and international participants.
- The grants go towards covering registration, travel, and accommodation expenses to attend the congress (based on actual costs and receipts) and will be awarded on the basis of abstract submission, application quality and financial need.
- If you wish to be considered for a travel grant and meet the criteria, please check the corresponding box when submitting your abstract. Please note that you will be required to complete a separate online application form. Deadline for application is 24 October 2018, 23:59 CET.
- The awardee must come in person to get his/her grant (at the speakers’ desk). No payment will be made before or after the Congress.
- Kindly note that the final decision about travel grantees will be made by the Scientific Committee.
POSTER AWARDS & SLAM SESSION
- Poster session will be organised onsite and awards will be given to the top 3 presenters.
- 10 abstracts will be selected by the Scientific Committee to be presented orally in the SLAM session. Kindly note that the selection for these oral presentations depends mainly on the scientific match and coherence in the oral session. As such it might be that a high ranking abstract has been selected for poster presentation as no suitable oral communication session could be found, or if the submitter requested a poster presentation.
Abstracts can only be submitted online via the abstract submission form.
Abstracts sent by post or email will not be accepted. No exceptions will be made.
- Abstracts can be saved in “Draft” status to be re-edited and modified until the submission deadline (24 October 2018, midnight, CET). Therefore, the submitter will be required to create a user account.
- Abstracts fulfilling all criteria can be saved in “Final submission” status. Only abstracts in “Final submission” status will be regarded as successfully submitted and considered for the Congress. The submitted / draft abstracts cannot be edited after the submission deadline (24 October 2018, midnight, CET)
- The abstract should be structured into the following sections:
- A title which clearly indicates the nature of the investigation.
- Introduction should contain 1-2 sentences that clearly indicate the scientific question of the study and its clinical (or other) importance.
- Methods should contain sufficient information to be able to understand the experimental design, the analytical techniques and the statistics used in the study.
- Results should contain objective data to answer the scientific question(s).
- Discussions / Conclusions should provide only conclusions of the study directly supported by the results, along with implications for clinical practice, avoiding speculation and overgeneralization.
- No tables or figures are allowed in the abstract.
- Conflict of interest: It is the intent of EAHAD 2019 to provide high-quality sessions focused on educational content that is free from commercial influence or bias. Thus, the submitting author of an abstract is requested to declare any potential conflicts of interest for all authors during abstract submission.
- Abbreviations should be indicated in parentheses following their first mention in the text. Trade names cannot be mentioned in the title. However, trade names in brackets will be accepted in the body of the text.
- The submission of an abstract constitutes a formal commitment by the submitting (presenting) author to present the abstract (if accepted) in the session and the time assigned by the Programme Committee. Registration fees will not be waived.
- The presenting author of the abstract must be registered at the conference within 14 days of confirmation of abstract acceptance (the author will benefit from early bird registration fee).
- Please ensure your abstract does not contain spelling, grammar, or scientific mistakes, as it will be reproduced exactly as submitted. Linguistic accuracy is your responsibility. No proofreading will be done. No changes can be made to the abstract after the submission deadline.
- Only original abstracts will be accepted and considered for the review.
After the Submission
- The reviewers will judge the abstracts according to scientific or clinical value, relevance to EAHAD 2019, conclusions confirmed by objective results, objectivity of statements, originality of work and overall impression.
- The submitting authors will be notified by end-November 2018 at the email address provided during submission whether their abstract has been accepted.
- If you need to withdraw your abstract a written statement, reflecting the reasons of this decision must be sent to email@example.com. This e-mail address is being protected from spambots.
Presentation of Abstracts
- Abstracts can be accepted either as poster or oral communication.
- If your abstract is accepted as a poster, you will be requested to be available for discussion during the corresponding poster viewing time. Details on poster format and full presentation guidelines will be included in the notification letter and posted on the Congress website.
- Accepted abstracts will be available in Haemophilia Journal.
For any further enquiries, please contact the EAHAD 2019 Abstract Handling Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. This e-mail address is being protected from spambots